In recent years we may have heard about a dozen years or so before this big blue ball rises in flames. While we are strikingly apolitical at XCEL Corp, we also believe strongly in the power of science and technology to understand and address the greatest digital challenges facing humanity. Whether or not, you believe that the overcrowded hurricanes, the record-setting of hot summers and the disappearing glaciers are the result of climate change, you cannot argue against the clean-up of the planet, especially if you have a profit to make.
Well, thanks to the digital transformation, the advantages of today’s technological advances go beyond making sure machinery performs at peak capacity. The rapid development and emergence of 5 G, AI and IoT technology has fundamentally transformed the energy sector by enabling optimization of energy and mineral harvesting, predictive and automated maintenance, high-volume and low-latency data delivery and smarter grid management to better allocate energy resources to countries, cities, manufacturers, and consumers.
The Concept of Artificial Intelligence
The artificial intelligence concept (AI) includes machines that learn and act on datasets without human programming or intervention. AI can be divided into the learning of machines, deep learning, and neural networks. Without becoming too technical, the entire premise of AI is essentially a machine that imitates the brain. The machine can learn and adapt to different scenarios, and as time passes, the machine becomes more intelligent and reacts differently to better results. In many industries, AI plays a key role by providing business intelligence and resolving problems faster than people. There’s no exception to solar.
How AI changes the Solar Industry?
According to a paper view, Artificial intelligence (AI) will increasingly automate operations in the solar and wind industries over the next several years and increase efficiency in the renewable energy sector. “Making Renewable Smarter: the benefits, risks, and future of solar and wind artificial intelligence” explores where artificial intelligence, such as machine learning, will have an impact on improving renewable energy efficiency. The areas include decision-making and planning, condition monitoring, robotics, inspections, certification, and optimization of the supply chain, as well as the technical work.
The renewable energy sector is a rich data environment. Wind and solar power plants have benefited from the relatively recent commercial development of these technologies and the installation of sensor technology from the beginning. As a result, most advances in resource forecasting, control, and predictive maintenance were supported by artificial intelligence.
Benefits of AI in the smart wind and solar power
Stakeholders in the solar and wind industries will benefit from artificial intelligence in a number of areas including:
- Robotics is becoming more prevalent for remote inspection with new maintenance and troubleshooting benefits.
- Crawling robots that can approach the surface of a structure allowing a new set of technologies, such as microwave and ultrasonic transmitters and receivers, to penetrate structures to reveal material defects.
- Optimization of the supply chain by autonomous driving robots, which can build entire onshore wind farms or solar farms in the future: parts of a wind turbine or a solar array are transported from the factory by self-driving lorries, unloaded by another set of robots, attached to the foundations that have been dug and filled by other robots and separated by a final set of robots.
- Global grids are aging and centralized, creating an incentive to improve and expand. AI is going to restore the power grid.
- Autonomous drones with real-time artificial intelligence analysis will become the main tool for proficient and efficient wind turbine and solar panel inspections.
- AI helps renewable energy producers decide where to build wind or solar power plants by forecasting the weather from different satellite stations.
- AI applications that speed up due diligence, reduce the time spent on planning and analysis, which today requires a lot of human time.
Moreover, artificial intelligence tends to automate decision-making, driving costs from the development, production, and supply of energy in the solar and wind industries.
How to get the right solution for AI?
Applications built on new heights with machine learning and a deep learning push system. In order to reduce data volumes at AI speed, massive processing power, high throughput, and GPU acceleration are required. According to reports, 23% of companies have not identified the right AI-defined infrastructure software or algorithms and 77% feel limited by their architecture. Learn how to move past roadblocks quickly and make operational gains in machine intelligence possible.
XCEL Corp solutions provide comprehensive AI software platforms and deep learning frameworks specific to the industry for quick access and insight. You will find the software you need to optimize AI workloads throughout computing and storage in your preferred environments.
Why XCEL Corp?
XCEL Corp is a global provider of solutions for quality assurance and risk management. Driven by our goal of protecting life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to make their business safer and more sustainable. Our professionals in more countries help customers in the maritime, oil and gas, power and renewable industries and other industries make the world safer, smarter and greener. You may likely explore our innovative renewable, grids and digitization activities in various fields.
Dhariya Mercelin ( Content Writer)
A friendly professional blogger, LinkedIn influencer, daydreamer, home-loving artist, music-lover, broadminded and modern who believes in traditional values. She has a great passion for writing with an open motto "Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible."